We are the author of our own lives. How will we live to our fullest? None of us knows what is going to happen in the future. We may plan and we may have a good idea especially if we work towards certain goals. But there are risks we all take just by living our own lives. We depend on trusting others to do what is expected and to not have someone else’s sneeze cause us so much pain and suffering. But when something does happen, it is the measure of our souls in how we deal with that setback. Amy Purdy is a great example of overcoming such an unexpected problem. I hope none of us have to go through such learning experiences to know how important living life to the fullest is.
Amy has an amazing story. Anyone who can go through so much and still keep a positive attitude is an inspiration to me. My son, Matthew is also amazing. He has had five open heart surgeries in his young life, but enjoys life more than anyone else I know. I am looking for ways to bottle that love for life and share it with myself and with others. A few things I have learned recently include:
- Having a plan for each day. This includes an occasional plan to go off and do something totally unplanned. This is not a contradiction, because we all need to recharge our batteries,
- Learn something new each day. If it is not recorded someplace where it can be easily seen, it is not learned.
- Plan as if you will live forever, live as if today is your last day with the ones you love.
- Always ask “What have I done for others today?” You might be amazed, looking back at a month, all that you have accomplished in service.
- Live within your means. If your means do not match your actual needs, look for ways to legally increase you means.
Diana, Matthew, and I saw Amy Purdy do her presentation at a Convention a few years ago. We were impressed with her life story then. When Dora, a good friend, posted this video, it reminded my of what a dedicated person can do. Age is not a factor, mental attitude is. What do you want out of life and what are you going to do to obtain your dreams? As I grow, I will post what I learned each day here and add snippets of my dreams and plans here. I wish you all the best to live your dreams to your fullest.
18 June 2018 – My daily learning is to learn something new each day. My plans are to do well in my teaching position and complete my plans for the fall semester. Sometimes preparing for good services is just as important as the rendered service.
29 June 2018 – Procrastination is one of the biggest impediments to achieving anything worthwhile. As you can see, it is something I fight and is why there is such a gap in putting down what I have learned.